High School Sailing at Bristol
Open to all high school and middle school students.
Warm water, great coaching, beginner through expert.
- For 7 weeks Monday – Wednesday from 4pm to 7pm
- September 9th – October 25th
- Now on SATURDAYS ALSO!
- Open – Sailors need not be a member of an established team – all high school and middle school students are invited to participate.
- Early arrival is encouraged. Beginners welcome.
- Intermediate and advanced sailors also welcome and will learn to team race.
- Includes Friday Night Lights in Bristol.
Who are the coaches?
Michael Zonnenberg will be coaching Mondays as he is the Brown University Sailing Team Assistant Coach and runs practice for the Brown Sailing Team Tuesdays – Fridays. Zonnenberg is just coming off a great season winning the 2019 College Women’s Championship and placing 5th at the 2019 COED Championship.
Richard Feeny will be the coach Tuesday-Friday.
Youth National Coach and fast-boat enthusiast.
Sailing everyday is not mandatory and we suggest 2-3 weekdays that work with your after-school schedule.
Sailing in the Fall is warmer and requires less sailing gear! Students will need:
– Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
– Spray Gear
– fleece top and hat (when it’s cold)
– Sailing footwear
– Hat and sunglasses (optional but recommended)
Boats provided by East Bay Sailing Foundation and St. Mary Bayview Academy.