Open to all high school and middle school students.
Great coaching, beginner through expert, everyone welcome.
- 3:45pm – 6:30pm three days (TBD) per week starting March 24th and Ending May 14th
- Option to add another day if there is interest
- Open – Sailors need not be a member of an established team – all high school and middle school students are invited to participate.
- Early arrival is encouraged. Beginners welcome.
- Intermediate and advanced sailors also welcome and will learn to team race.
- Includes Friday Night Lights in Newport (Spring) or Bristol (Fall).
Who are the coaches?
Michael Zonnenberg is the Brown University Sailing Team Assistant Coach coming off a great 2019 season when the Bears won the College Women’s Championship and placing 5th at the 2019 COED Championship.
Richard Feeny – Youth National Coach and fast-boat enthusiast.
Sailing everyday is not mandatory and we suggest 2-3 weekdays that work with your after-school schedule.
Boats provided by East Bay Sailing Foundation and St. Mary Bayview Academy.
Sailing in the Fall is warmer and requires less sailing gear! Students will need:
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
- Spray Gear
- Sailing footwear – rubber boots or sneakers over your drysuit booties
- Sweater and hat
- Underlayers of fleece or polypropylene
- Hat and sunglasses (optional but recommended)
- Drysuit (can be purchased through these vendors in Rhode Island: Zim, Team1)
- Gloves (optional…people like “lobster gloves” as well as liners under dishwash gloves, under leather)